You can still find the old list of books I’ve read on my old website. But this is a new design, and as such I will start anew with 2015. Find more blog entries about books here. Last update: August 18th, 2015.
- The Hare With Amber Eyes – Edmund de Waal
- Think Like A Cat – Pam Johnson-Bennett
Excellent. Full of info on cats. Recommended for everyone who has a cat or wants a cat.
- My Family and Other Animals – Gerald Durrell
About Gerald Durrell’s childhood, which he spent in Corfu with his crazy family.
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
Disturbing. Intentionally, though, since it’s about slavery in the US.
- The ABC Murders – Agatha Christie
Entertaining enough. A simple murder mystery.
- Die 101 wichtigsten Fragen: Japan – Florian Coulmas
This answers lots of questions about Japan. Interesting.
- Watching the English – Kate Fox
Very interesting read. Written by an anthropologist, so certainly more scientific and in-depth than the Xenophobe’s Guides. Covers things like pub talk, the English class system, queuing…