The following is a list of things I would do if I were the head of a company:
- Introduce myself to every new employee and try to memorize their name.
- Give all my employees directions what to do and tell them who they can turn to when they need help.
- Let my employees know that I care about their opinion and that my door is open if they need something.
- Give my employees a nice sweater or T-shirt or SOMETHING so they will identify with the company (more).
- Have a party for everyone once in a while. (Like a Christmas party.)
- Make sure they always have free tea and coffee.
- Talk to my employees to find out what I can do to make work more pleasant for them.
- Offer everyone a 4-day work week.
- Have core hours from 11am to 3pm, if possible.
- If an employee does a great job, I’d tell them so.
- If an employee doesn’t do their job, I’d tell them that I disapprove.
- Yes, you may write emails or look at YouTube videos, but only if you get your work done.
- I’ll pay very well, if I can afford it. I’m happy with a decent salary, I don’t need millions.
- If the company is big enough, I’ll have a cafeteria.
- If the company is really big, you can choose a vegan dish for lunch.
- There’d be enough stationery for everyone. You’d even get sharpies and highlighters.
- You’d have to push bathroom doors from the inside to open them (so you can push them open with your foot when you leave)
What did I forget?